Friday, November 9, 2012

Beautiful Quotes


Oh, how with more than dreams the soul is torn, ere sleep comes down to soothe the weary eyes. Paul Lawrence Dunbar

Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love. George Eliot

It is never too late to be what you might have been. George Eliot

The ancestor of every action is a thought .Ralph Waldo Emerson

Books are for nothing but to inspire. Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is the way the world ends; not with a bang, but a whimper. T. S. Eliot

The end of wisdom is to dream high enough to lose the dream in the seeking of it.William Faulkner

I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.Earnest Hemingway


In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost

Never be afraid to sit a while and think. Lorraine Hansberry

The thing that makes you exceptional, if you are at all, is inevitably that which must also make you lonely. Lorraine Hansberry

I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I am awake, you know? Ernest Hemingway

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly. Langston Hughes

It is from the blues that all that may be called American music derives its most distinctive characteristics. James Weldon Johnson

Get busy living, or get busy dying. Stephen King

Borrow trouble for yourself, if that’s your nature, but don’t lend it to your neighbors’ .Rudyard Kipling

The one thing that does not abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience. Harper Lee

Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing. Harper Lee

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time. Jack London

For whatever is truly wondrous and fearful in man, never yet was put into words or books. Herman Melville

What difference does it make if the thing you are scared of is real or not? Toni Morrison

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past. George Orwell

No comments:

Post a Comment